Intention Gathering organizes retreats / events that require a full-featured registration / ticket /e-commerce system, as well as general content management and artist submission forms. This website was written in Drupal 7 and is slated to be ported to Drupal 9 in early/mid 2023.
Intention Gathering requires a highly flexible registration system, capable of:
- registering friends, partners, family members together, as separate registrations, while keeping them all billable on a single e-commerce transaction
- extensive registration questions in various types (multiple choice, freeform text,etc.)
- registration questions may change from year to year, but in general should be "clonable" from the previous year, and modifications made to that copy
- all past and present registration data needs to be still available, even if the questions are no longer "active"
- extensive reporting needs, with answers to certain questions (food-related, medical-related, etc.) permitted only to certain users
- multiple tickets of many types, each of them bound to a smaller number of basic registration types (adult, child, etc.)
Flexible ticket and registration pages
The text that appears on various registration pages can be global, specific to the ticket type, or specific to the registration type.
Advanced registration system
The registration was implemented using the modules Drupal Commerce, Registration, and Commerce-Registration. The latter required fairly extensive code modifications to fill the requirements
Support of all previous years content, in multiple themes
Unlike some events, Intention Gathering likes to keep both the content and website theme from previous iterations as intact as possible, and make them all available on the website. Involves extensive use of the themekey module.
Top left - Summer Intention 16.5
Top Right - Winter Intention 20 aka Intention XX
Bottom Left - Winter Intention 17
Bottom Right - Winter Intention 21